The Your Sport Sports Camp Scholarship offers paid tuition for one session (usually 1-2 weeks, dependent on the camp session structure) at an approved summer Sports Camp.
- All applicants must live in and attend school or home school in the Greater Pittsburgh Area. (Pittsburgh, PA).
- Applicants for the Your Sport Sports Camp Scholarship must have at least one year of experience (with a school team, recreational team or club) in their chosen sport as of January 1st of the application year.
- Applicants must be entering 12th grade or under for the next upcoming school year.
- Applicants must be 7 years old or older.
- ELIGIBLE SPORTS FOR 2015 INCLUDE: Basketball, Baseball, Cross Country Running, Football, Golf, Gymnastics, Soccer, Softball, Swimming & Diving, Track & Field, and Volleyball.
The summer camp chosen must center around developing skill in a specific sport. The recipient must state in the application which camp they’d like to attend– camp is subject to approval from Get Out and Play. The camp MUST be a sports-centric camp, and the applicant must focus on one specific sport.
Any Summer Camps which are NOT specifically centered around developing skills in a specific sport are not eligible–for example, you may receive a scholarship to attend a Soccer Camp. You may NOT receive tuition for a general Summer Camp that offers a variety of recreational activities including football, soccer, etc. when developing skills in those sports is not the main focus of the camp.
All Camp Scholarship Applicants must be willing to provide their own transportation to and from Camp, furnish any personal supplies required (equipment, clothing, etc.), and abide by all rules set forth by the Camp entity.
Applicants should be aware that Get Out and Play has no obligation to award money to any individual but does so voluntarily in an effort to promote involvement in athletics. The number of scholarships available is limited.
Applications are accepted beginning 1 January until the close date (for 2015, the deadline is 1 May 2015).
*2016 application pending*